Be Ready for 5010 Enforcement
Version 5010 enforcement begins April 1, having been postponed from Jan. 1 to allow providers, payers, and vendors to catch up. Here are some tips to help you be ready when the time comes.
- Complete both internal and external testing of Version 5010 transactions. Conduct tests with vendors, clearinghouses, and payers. Take the following steps to evaluate your vendor and vendor products to ensure a timely Version 5010 upgrade:
- Establish a tracking system and timeline for milestones.
- Review existing and new contractual obligations with vendors.
- Coordinate vendor capabilities with your practice needs and expectations.
- Evaluate ease of use of vendor products.
- Ask your vendor the following questions about the Version 5010 upgrade to help assess your readiness for this upgrade:
- Have they upgraded their systems to meet Version 5010 standards?
- If they have not yet upgraded, when will they do so?
- What will it cost you for each upgrade?
- What versions of their software will be upgraded, and will these upgrades require any additional hardware upgrades?
- How often will updates occur and what is the delivery method?
- How are issues logged and how will they be addressed?
- Is there training available for new system changes and/or functionalities?
Visit the CMS ICD-10 website for additional information and resources about the Version 5010 upgrade. Check with your clearinghouse and Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) for answers and tips.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 5 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018