Health Care Job Opportunities Rise
According to data released on March 9 from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, health care gained 49,000 jobs in February. Over the past 12 months, the total increase for health care employment has been 360,000.
Among the areas that saw an increase during February were:
- Hospital employment – 15,400 jobs
- Ambulatory care – 28,200 jobs, including:
- 9,500 in physician offices
- 4,300 in outpatient care centers
- 5,000 in home health care services
- Nursing and residential care facilities – 5,400 jobs
Due to an aging population, the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts health care jobs over the next decade will be the fastest growing sector of all industries. The increases will be seen here:
- Health care support occupations – 34.5 percent
- Personal care and services occupations – 26.8 percent
- Health care practitioners and technical occupations – 25.9 percent
For more information, read the Bureau of Labor Statistics press release.