Look for NCCI Quarterly Update in May
The latest National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) edits, Version 18.2, is effective July 1 and available through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Data Center. The Recurring Update Notification applies to Medicare Claims Processing Manual, chapter 23, section 20.9. You can look forward to the release of a test file around May 2. A final file will be available around May 17.
Version 18.2 includes previous versions and updates from Jan. 1, 1996 to now, and is organized in two tables:
- Column 1/Column 2 Correct Coding Edits
- Mutually Exclusive Code (MEC) Edits
The coding policies are based on coding conventions defined in the:
- American Medical Association’s (AMA’s) CPT® manual
- National and local policies and edits
- Coding guidelines developed by national societies
- Analysis of standard medical and surgical practice
- Review of current coding practice
See MLN Matters® article MM7802 for more information. EdgeBlast or Coding Edge will keep you abreast on the updates when the final document is released.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 5 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018