Just Coding: Learn how to read an OP report
Following the 20th annual National Conference in Las Vegas, Just Coding was one of several media professionals in attendance. As a result the article “Learn how to read an OP report” was issued by senior managing editor Michelle Leppart, CPC-A on how to properly read an OP report, highlighting presenter Lynn Pegram, CPC, CEMC,CPC-I, CGSC.
“Coders need to understand what is included in the general surgical package. These services are not separately billable and include:
- Local infiltration, metacarpal, metatarsal, and digital block
- Subsequent to the decision for surgery, one related evaluation and management (E/M) encounter on the date immediately prior to or on the date of the procedure
- Writing orders
- Evaluating patient in the post?anesthesia recovery area
- Immediate post?operative care”
Read the full article here.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 5 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018