Time is Running Out for 5010 Compliance
The Medicare 90-day discretionary enforcement period for non-compliant Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)-covered entities to begin using the new versions of the X12 standards for electronic transactions ends June 30. Beginning July 1, only the new ASC X12 Version 5010 and National Council for Prescription Drug Program (NCPDP) Telecom D.0 formats will be accepted by Medicare contractors.
Note: With the implementation of Version 5010, diagnosis codes will be required on all claims, including ambulance claims.
AAPC offers a special presentation June 19 at noon central time providing the following 5010 management information:
- The checklist of last-minute items to ensure compliance
- Common problems found with 5010 implementation, based on our recent 5010 implementation survey
- Key steps to minimize claims, delayed payments, unresponsive payers, issues with Medicare administrative contractor (MAC), delivery problems, and denials.
- Where to access tips, fact sheets, and other helpful resources from CMS to minimize disruptions to your practice
Cost is $29.95 and 1 CEU can be earned toward credential renewal. The presentation will be available on-demand immediately following the live broadcast.
For more information regarding these new EDI standards, visit CMS’ Versions 5010 and D.0 website.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 5 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018