MedPAC Reports on Health Care Delivery System
Medicare Payment Advisory Commission’s (MedPAC) June 2012 “Report to the Congress: Medicare and the Health Care Delivery System” has been released. The six-chapter report evaluates Medicare payment issues and makes recommendations to Congress regarding access to care, quality of care, and other issues affecting Medicare.
The report contains six chapters:
- Chapter 1: Reforming Medicare’s Benefit Design
- Chapter 2: Care Coordination in Fee-for-service Medicare
- Chapter 3: Care Coordination Programs for Dual-eligible Beneficiaries
- Chapter 4: Issues for Risk Adjustment in Medicare Advantage
- Chapter 5: Serving Rural Medicare Beneficiaries
- Chapter 6: Medicare Coverage of and Payment for Home Infusion Therapy
The first four chapters examine issues regarding the beneficiaries’ experience of the Medicare program. The last two chapters examine the congressionally mandated topics of beneficiary care in rural areas and Medicare payment for drug infusion in beneficiaries’ homes.
Appendices A and B cover, “Review of CMS’s preliminary estimate of the 2013 update for physician and other professional services” and “Commissioners’ voting on recommendations.” To read the 259-page PDF, go to the MedPAC website.
- How to Optimize the RCM Process - February 1, 2023
- Get the FAQs About Split/Shared Visits - November 1, 2022
- It Pays to Participate in AAPC’s Annual Salary Survey - September 1, 2022