Vote for the Most Valuable AAPC Credentials
The US Department of Labor (DOL) has asked the health care industry to help identify the key credentials employers look for when hiring for health care support positions. This project will update and enhance the DOL online certification database enabling the DOL to provide better information on the value of credentials to jobseekers, the workforce system, and educators.
We know the value of AAPC’s 28 credentials. We are asking for your help to ensure the DOL knows that same value by submitting your vote today! AAPC currently has four listed credentials to vote for CPC, CPC-P, CPC-H, and Certified ASC coder (at the top of the list). Since we have many more credentials of value than those listed you can post a comment to have your credential added to the list.
- Create an account at the DOL’s career site (you’ll need an account to vote)
- Click Healthcare Practitioner from the top navigation bar
- Choose Medical Records and Health Information Technicians from the list of occupations
- Click the specific credential to vote for
- Click We value this credential
- Click Invite from the top navigation bar so your colleagues can participate
To request your credential be added: