2009 Specialty Credentials
We’ve learned a lot in the year we’ve offered specialized certification. For 2009, we will be implementing a number of improvements to what will be 18 specialty credentials, allowing health care professionals to demonstrate superior levels of expertise in selected disciplines.
|Anesthesia||CANC||January 1||January 1|
|Cardiology||CCC||January 1||January 1|
|E/M Auditor||CEMC||January 1||January 1|
|Family Practice||CFPC||January 1||January 1|
||CGSC||January 1||January 1|
|Obstetrics/Gynecology||COBGC||January 1||January 1|
||COSC||January 1||January 1|
|Ambulatory Surgical Center
||CASCC||January 20||January 20|
|Cardiovascular and Thoracic||CCVTC||January 20||January 20|
||CPCD||January 20||January 20|
|Emergency Department||CEDC||January 20||January 20|
|Internal Medicine||CIMC||January 20||January 20|
|Otolaryngology||CENTC||January 20||January 20|
|Pediatrics||CPEDC||January 20||January 20|
|Gastroenterology||CGIC||February 15||February 15|
|Plastic and Reconstructive||CPRC||February 15||February 15|
|Rheumatology||CRHC||February 15||February 15|
|Urology||CUC||February 15||February 15|
|* Please note the credential name change for 2009|
Changes for 2009:
- Specialty credentials will be stand-alone certifications with no requirement to hold a CPC®, CPC-H® or CPC-P® credential (please note the name change for credentials listed in the table above).
- Exams will more aptly measure preparedness for “real world” coding by being operative/patient-note based.
- Exams will be 5 1/2 hours in length.
- Exam preparation will be available through online operative/patient-note based distance learning.
Note: Existing specialty certified members will be grandfathered and receive an updated certificate in January 2009.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 5 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018