National Provider Call: Stage 2 Requirements for Meaningful EHR Use
On Aug. 23, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) published a final rule for Stage 2 requirements and other changes to the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs. Stage 2 requirements are intended to increase health information exchange between providers and heighten patient engagement by giving patients secure online access to their personal health information (PHI). To ensure eligible professionals and hospitals understand these new requirements, CMS is hosting a national provider call on Thursday, Sept. 13, 2-3:30 ET.
On the agenda:
- Extension of Stage 1
- Changes to Stage 1 criteria for meaningful use
- Proposed Medicaid policies
- Stage 2 meaningful use overview
- Stage 2 clinical quality measures
- Medicare payment adjustment and exceptions
Register for the call on the CMS Upcoming National Provider Calls registration website. Registration will close at 12 pm the day of the call, or when available space has been filled, whichever comes first.
AAPC members can earn one continuing education unit (CEU) for participation. AAPC will accept your emailed confirmation and call description as proof of participation. Please retain a copy of your emailed confirmation for these calls as AAPC will request them for any conference call you entered into your CEU Tracker if you are chosen for CEU verification.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 5 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018