Election Time is Here
Next week is October and time to start electing officers for next year. Remember:
- Candidates for an office must currently be active in the chapter and aware they are committing to be present at each meeting during the term of service.
- Those who cannot commit to this should not run for an office.
- Candidates must be willing to work for the good of the chapter.
- They should be happy, professional, and great team players (negativity brings everybody down).
- Candidates are elected for one-year terms.
- Elections should be held for all offices.
- Current officers may be nominated to the same position but after two consecutive years in the same office, the officer must run for a different office or step down.
- After four consecutive years in office, the officer must step down.
- The president must be voted in; vice presidents do not automatically become president.
- However, if during the president’s term, he or she must resign, the vice president would move to president at that point.
- Voting must be private – no using a “show of hands” or verbal voting.
- Where only one candidate is nominated to a position, the members should be given the option to vote “yes” or “no” for the candidate.
- If you are having a hard time finding candidates, a minimum of three officers (president, vice president, and a secretary/treasurer) is acceptable.
After elections have been held and new officers are identified, submit the information in the Election Verification area.
Important Note: The earliest you can submit 2013 officer information is October 1. Anything submitted prior to October 1 has not been saved and will not be saved.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | Pam Tienter and Jean Pryor - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 3 Representatives | Astara Crews and Dianne Estes - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | Robert Kiesecker and Pam Brooks - January 16, 2020