Becker's ASC Review: Billing & Coding Goals for 2013
With New Year’s around the corner, it’s time once again to set goals for improvement. Becker’s ASC Review recently interviewed Billing and Collections Manager Tammy Luttenberger, CPC, CPMA, CASCC, for an article on essential billing and coding goals you should set for 2013. The article recommends that you:
- Review contracting;
- Prepare for ICD-10;
- Calculate patient pay earlier;
- Obtain additional coding certifications; and
- Know what payer contracts will require of coders and billers.
“It is common to see coders now with two or more certifications, and I believe that will increase,” Ms. Luttenberger says. “It’s important to maintain current credentials and consider adding more to verify our expertise.”
Read the full article.
- Get the FAQs About Split/Shared Visits - November 1, 2022
- It Pays to Participate in AAPC’s Annual Salary Survey - September 1, 2022
- Top Missed HCC Codes - December 1, 2021