Becker’s ASC Review: Billing & Coding Goals for 2013
With New Year’s around the corner, it’s time once again to set goals for improvement. Becker’s ASC Review recently interviewed Billing and Collections Manager Tammy Luttenberger, CPC, CPMA, CASCC, for an article on essential billing and coding goals you should set for 2013. The article recommends that you:
- Review contracting;
- Prepare for ICD-10;
- Calculate patient pay earlier;
- Obtain additional coding certifications; and
- Know what payer contracts will require of coders and billers.
“It is common to see coders now with two or more certifications, and I believe that will increase,” Ms. Luttenberger says. “It’s important to maintain current credentials and consider adding more to verify our expertise.”
Read the full article.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | Pam Tienter and Jean Pryor - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 3 Representatives | Astara Crews and Dianne Estes - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | Robert Kiesecker and Pam Brooks - January 16, 2020