Welcome 2013 Officers
Congratulations on accepting the assignment as an officer in your local chapter! The Local Chapter team at AAPC’s national office is here to support you and to provide direction as you work to make 2013 successful for all chapter members. To help you get started right, we suggest you do the following:
- Hold an officers’ meeting:
- Get acquainted with one another. The most successful chapters have leaders who work as a team and communicate openly.
- Review the responsibilities and general expectations of officers. Respect each other’s position and support them as they do their best to contribute their skills.
- Discuss the unique needs of the members in your chapter.
- Outline a plan for the year remembering that chapters are to offer at least 6 meetings annually where CEUs are offered and proctor the exam 4 times a year.
- Put special events such as May MAYnia, and deadlines, such as when quarterly reports are due on your calendar now.
- Take responsibility for your new position:
- Read over your specific responsibilities and plan how to accomplish them.
- Scan through the table of contents of the AAPC Local Chapter Handbook so you’ll be familiar with where to go when you need specific information.
- Peruse the officer area of AAPC’s website. Log on with your username and password, scroll over My AAPC and click on My Chapter. In the left navigation you’ll find all sorts of information for officers including how to schedule events, the handbook, forms, meetings ideas, and a whole lot more.
- Schedule a time to participate in officer training. There are changes taking place all the time so even seasoned officers must do this.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- US gets the ball rolling on ICD-11 - August 16, 2019
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018