Protests Halt RAC Activity
Protests by companies not chosen have forced the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to halt the activity of four new Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) winners awarded Oct. 6:
- Diversified Collections Services
- CGI Technologies and Solutions
- Consulting Associates
The stay was announced Nov. 4 after Viant Inc. and PRG Shultz, USA, Inc. filed protests with the Government Accountability Office (GAO) regarding the way in which CMS conducted its bidding campaign for the RAC program.
The four winning contractors were to begin work in 2009; however, according to CMS spokesman, Peter Ashkenaz, “All work on the RAC contracts is required to stop until further notice (this includes outreach meetings). GAO has 100 days to issue a decision. The RAC contracts are suspended pending the outcome of the two protests.”
Read HealthcareFinance News for more information.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 5 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018