The Top 3 Reasons Your Claims Get Denied
1. Incorrect and/or incomplete patient identifier information (e.g., name spelled incorrectly; date of birth or soc. sec. number doesn’t match; subscriber number missing or invalid; insured group number missing or invalid)
Solution: Verify patient demographic and insurance information at EVERY visit. Ask permission to photocopy the patient’s state-issued identification (passport, drivers license, etc.) and insurance card, so that you are sure to have the proper spelling, group numbers, etc., on hand.
2. Coverage terminated
Solution: Verify insurance benefits prior to services being rendered.
3. Services non-covered/Require prior authorization or precertification
Solution: Here again, you should contact the patient’s insurance and confirm coverage prior to services being rendered. You’ll end up with angry customers if you bill a patient for non-covered charges without making them aware that they may be responsible for the charges before their procedure.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | Pam Tienter and Jean Pryor - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 3 Representatives | Astara Crews and Dianne Estes - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | Robert Kiesecker and Pam Brooks - January 16, 2020