California Medical Association: The top five essential tips for successful appeals
How you present appeals to your carrier can make the difference between success and failure. AAPC’s Managing Editor G. John Verhovshek, MA, CPC, recently offered five tips for successful appeals in an article published by California Medical Association.
- Be prepared
- Write a proper appeal letter
- Correct the claim before you appeal
- Code only what documentation supports
- Avoid obvious mistakes
Read the full article.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- US gets the ball rolling on ICD-11 - August 16, 2019
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018