California Medical Association: CPT 2013 clarifies coding for time-based services
Unless otherwise indicated in the CPT® code book, five rules govern reporting for time-based CPT® services. These five rules are explained in greater detail in a California Medical Association article recently published by AAPC’s Managing Editor G. John Verhovshek, MA, CPC.
- Time must be face-to-face
- A unit of time is attained when the mid-point is passed
- Select the “closest” time-based code
- Don’t combine unrelated services
- For continuous services, the date of service doesn’t change
Read the full article.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- US gets the ball rolling on ICD-11 - August 16, 2019
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018