Find Important EHR Incentive Dates and Questions
CMS has posted important dates for Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program participants to mark on their calendars in 2014. And to provide further clarity for participants, it’s updated and includes new frequently asked questions (FAQs).
For EHR Incentive Program participants, here are important participation dates to remember:
- March 31 (11:59 p.m. ET): It’s the 2013 attestation deadline for Medicare eligible professionals.
- Sept. 30: It’s the end of 2014’s reporting period for eligible hospitals.
- Nov. 30 (11:59 p.m. ET): It’s the 2014 attestation deadline for Medicare eligible hospitals.
- Dec. 31: It’s the end of the 2014’s reporting period for eligible professionals.
The new and updated FAQs for the EHR Incentive Programs are broken into 10 subcategories on the CMS website to make it easy to find specific answers to your questions:
- Certified EHR Technology
- Eligible Hospitals
- Eligible Professionals
- Getting Started
- Information for States
- Meaningful Use & Clinical Quality
- Medicaid Eligible Professionals
- Medicare Eligible Professionals
- Registration and Attestation
Go to the Source
To get a basic understanding of Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Program, go to CMS’s “Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Basics” webpage.
To answer your EHR Incentive Program questions, you can search by subtopics in the navigation bar on the left side of the “EHR Incentive Program FAQs” webpage.
Executive Editor at AAPC
Michelle A. Dick has been executive editor for AAPC for over seven years. Prior to her work at AAPC, she was editor-in-chief at Eli Research and Element K Journals, and disk ad coordinator, web designer/developer, and graphic artist at White Directory Publishers, Inc. Dick has a Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design from the State University of New York - Buffalo State and is a member of the Flower City Professional Coders in Rochester, N.Y.