CMS has posted important dates for Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program participants to mark on their calendars in 2014. And to provide further clarity for participants, it’s updated and includes new frequently asked questions (FAQs).
For EHR Incentive Program participants, here are important participation dates to remember:
- March 31 (11:59 p.m. ET): It’s the 2013 attestation deadline for Medicare eligible professionals.
- Sept. 30: It’s the end of 2014’s reporting period for eligible hospitals.
- Nov. 30 (11:59 p.m. ET): It’s the 2014 attestation deadline for Medicare eligible hospitals.
- Dec. 31: It’s the end of the 2014’s reporting period for eligible professionals.
The new and updated FAQs for the EHR Incentive Programs are broken into 10 subcategories on the CMS website to make it easy to find specific answers to your questions:
- Certified EHR Technology
- Eligible Hospitals
- Eligible Professionals
- Getting Started
- Information for States
- Meaningful Use & Clinical Quality
- Medicaid Eligible Professionals
- Medicare Eligible Professionals
- Registration and Attestation
Go to the Source
To get a basic understanding of Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Program, go to CMS’s “Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Basics” webpage
To answer your EHR Incentive Program questions, you can search by subtopics in the navigation bar on the left side of the “EHR Incentive Program FAQs
Latest posts by Michelle Dick (see all)