Quality Data Posted on Physician Compare Website
Quality measures for 66 group practices and 141 Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) are now available to patients on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Physician Compare website.
The quality measures posted include the following:
- Controlling blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes
- Controlling blood pressure in patients with diabetes
- Prescribing aspirin to patients with diabetes and heart disease
- Patients with diabetes who do not use tobacco
- Prescribing medicine to improve the pumping action fo the heart in patients who have both heart disease and certain other conditions
The ratings displayed use stars to indicate measure performance and posts the actual percentage score. Physician Compare already includes information about specialties offered by physicians and group practices, board certification, and affiliation with hospitals and other healthcare professionals. The Physician Compare site was created by the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
Latest posts by Brad Ericson (see all)
- For Kaiser, Telehealth is Big - April 25, 2017
- 5 Tips for Telehealth Reimbursement - April 24, 2017
- Lower Readmission Rates in Hospitals in Value-based Programs - April 13, 2017