ICD-10 Monitor: Talk Ten Tuesday
Two AAPC members were recently featured on Talk Ten Tuesday. First up was J. Paul Spencer, Director of Regulatory code and Compliance at Providence Hospital in Washington, D.C. Paul called in live from the AAPC Nashville conference. Asked to share member reactions regarding the ICD-10 delay, he paraphrased the feeling on the ground with the following quote, “We’re going to use this time to go full speed ahead and continue training as we always have.”
Jaci Johnson, President elect of AAPC, explained the action AAPC was taking in response to the delay. A few noteworthy actions include
- Online purchases will remain with members through Dec 31, 2015.
- Proficiency demonstration for ICD-10-CM has been extended to Dec 31, 2015
- Exams have been modified so ICD-10 will not appear Jan 1, 2016.
- Free monthly refresher webinars will be available to any who have purchased or attended a codeset training through September 2014
For a full list, visit http://www.aapc.com/icd-10-2014-delay/faq.aspx
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- US gets the ball rolling on ICD-11 - August 16, 2019
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018