Weigh in on Proposed MPFS
If you want to weigh in on the next few years’ physician fee schedule, do it before September 2.
On July 3, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) placed the 2015 Physician Fee Schedule proposed rule on display in the Federal Register for comment. This proposed rule includes provisions for relative value units (RVUs) for 2015 and other Medicare Part B payment policies to ensure payment systems are updated to reflect changes in medical practice and the relative value of services.
The proposed rule also includes new provisions and updates, including policies related to:
- Ambulance fee schedule regulations
- Physician Compare website
- Medicare Shared Savings Program
- Value-Based Payment Modifier (VM) and Physician Feedback Program
The proposed requirements for PQRS focus primarily on the 2017 PQRS payment adjustment, which is based on quality measures reporting data from the reporting period January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015.
CMS is accepting comments on the proposed rule until 5 p.m., September 22. Instructions for submitting comments on this proposed rule are available at Regulations.gov.
Latest posts by Brad Ericson (see all)
- Medicare to Pay for New Influenza Code, 90674 - October 14, 2016
- Learn New, Old Acronyms with MACRA - October 14, 2016
- End of Grace Period Makes New ICD-10 Books Essential - October 12, 2016