JUN/JUL/AUG – Upcoming Events
Local Chapter Officer Leadership Training at Regional Conference
Anaheim, CA – September 18 – 8:00 am-11:00 am – 3.00 CEUs
The AAPCCA Board of Directors would like to thank all chapter officers who attended leadership training at the Chicago regional conference; it was a great session. If you didn’t make it to Chicago, you are invited to the Anaheim regional conference for another great session. These session in Anaheim will run from 8 am to 11 am on Thursday, September 18th. Get the benefit of asking questions of BOD members who have served as officers in their local chapters. A representative of AAPC’s Local Chapter Department will also be in attendance. We will all work together to guide and direct you to the most productive year your chapter has ever had! This three-hour training along with 3.0 CEUs is open to all officers. Even those officers not registered for conference but who live in the surrounding areas are invited to come free of charge for this session. Come join us and build a chapter worthy of Chapter of the Year!
Discount to Officers
Keep in mind that 2013 officers from chapters that sponsored six meetings with CEUs and hosted four exams are eligible for a discount to these regional conferences.
Prepare Now for Upcoming Elections – Holding Nominations
Nominations should be held at your September meeting.
- When looking for candidates, remember that members who are friendly, work well with others, solve problems, and think independently make great leaders.
- Approach any pre-selected members to ensure they are willing and able to accept the nomination.
- At the meeting allow current officers 2-3 minutes to share their job responsibilities and positive experiences.
Announce at your September meeting that elections will be held in October.
- All members must be given at least 30 days’ notice of when the elections will be held.
- Advance notice may be given by posting the information in the chapter forum or by emailing all members assigned to the chapter.
The vice president directs the election process. Vice presidents should prepare for the nominations meeting by being aware that:
- Members may self-nominate
- Nominees must accept the nomination to be placed on the ballot
- Multiple members may not share one position
- One member may not hold two offices at the same time except for the position of secretary/treasurer
- Vice presidents do not ascend, but may be nominated for president
- Officers should not serve more than two consecutive years in the same office
- Officers should not run after serving for four consecutive years
- Members who cannot attend the meeting may ask for an absentee ballot in advance.
- The elections should be held at the October meeting