Looking Up Code Fees Just Got Easier
Palmetto GBA has added a nifty new feature on their website that coders and billers will enjoy: a Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) Tool. This online tool allows the user to display or download fees, indicators, and indicator descriptors.
You can use this tool to:
- Locate local and national fees quickly
- Find the number of global days for a code
- Determine indicator codes
- Access national fees
- And more
To use the MPFS tool:
- Go to the website.
- Select the appropriate year.
- Select a fee schedule type — there are four choices:
- Display Procedure Code Fee/Disclosures on Screen
- Display Indicator Descriptor Page
- Download Physician Fee File/Disclosures
- Download Indicator File
- Follow the remaining prompts, which vary, depending on your selection in the previous step.
Note: Downloadable files are only available for N.C., S.C., W.Va., and Va.
If you select Display Procedure Code Fee/Disclosures on Screen, for example, you will be prompted to select a carrier/location and enter a procedure code. Click Submit to display a list of results, including any modifier or multiple effective dates for the specified code. You can then choose to display fees, indicators, and details for the selected procedure code.
It’s quick, easy, and up to date. According to Palmetto GBA, Medicare administrative contractor for Jurisdiction 11, the MPFS tool was last updated October 1, 2014, which is the most current file from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
The tool is designed to work with Internet Explorer 8+, Google Chrome 35+, and Mozilla Firefox 30+; however, it works well in Safari, too.
Latest posts by Renee Dustman (see all)
- New Resources Help Navigate MIPS - April 21, 2017
- Medicare-Dependent, Small Rural Hospital Program Set to Expire - April 20, 2017
- 2018 IPPS and LTCH Proposed Policy Updates - April 17, 2017