NGS: Dec. 14 will be a Dark Day
National Government Services (NGS) will be merging four regions (Connecticut, Upstate New York, Queens County, and Downstate New York) into a single claims processing environment beginning Dec. 12. According to NGS, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has approved a “Dark Day” on Dec. 14 to allow NGS to execute the merge. This will affect all providers who submit claims to the jurisdiction 13 (J13) Part B Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC).
During the Dark Day, there will NOT be any:
- Provider Contact Center activities
- Claims processing
- EDI claims acceptance
- Payments made to providers or beneficiaries
- Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) produced
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system access
NGS says it expects the system to be fully operational again on Dec. 15.
In preparation for these changes, NGS will implement a payment floor reduction for both paper and electronically submitted claims approved for payment between Dec. 2 through Dec. 11. This temporary reduction will result in Medicare payments being issued early for both paper checks and electronic funds transfers (ETFs).
For more information on how this merge will impact providers who submit claims to NGS Medicare, please review change request CR6513 on the CMS Web site.
- Therapists Gain More Freedom in New Waiver - May 22, 2020
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | Pam Tienter and Jean Pryor - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 3 Representatives | Astara Crews and Dianne Estes - January 16, 2020