Few April 1 Changes to HCPCS Level II
Changes to HCPCS Level II codes and modifiers are as expected as the sunrise, but changes slated to become effective April 1, 2015 are surprisingly few, especially after the nearly 550 changes, effective January 1.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) added two modifiers and one code; making the April update relatively easy for coders, billers, and data managers:
- JF Compounded drug
- EX Expatriate beneficiary
- Q9975 Injection, Factor VIII, FC fusion protein (recombinant), per IU
Although special coverage instructions apply to Q9975, the modifiers are subject to carrier judgment. Check with your Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) for details, in your area.
Latest posts by Brad Ericson (see all)
- HEALTHCON: Speaker Michael Warner, DO, CPC, CPCO, CPMA, AAPC Fellow - January 18, 2019
- 15 HCPCS Corrections to 2019 Code Set - January 16, 2019
- Civica Rx Adds 250 Hospitals, Plans 14 Drugs - January 8, 2019