JAN – Officer Resources
What Officers Must Do to Start the Year off Right
Hold an officers’ meeting:
- Get acquainted with one another. The most successful chapters have leaders who work as a team and communicate openly.
- Review the responsibilities and general expectations of officers. Respect each other’s position and support them as they do their best to contribute their skills.
- Discuss the unique needs of the members in your chapter.
- Outline a plan for the year remembering that chapters are to offer at least 6 meetings annually where CEUs are offered and proctor the exam 4 times a year.
- Put special events such as May MAYnia, and deadlines, such as when quarterly reports are due on your calendar now.
Take responsibility for your new position:
- Read over your specific responsibilities in the AAPC Local Chapter Handbook and plan how to accomplish them.
- Scan through the table of contents so you’ll be familiar with where to go when you need specific information.
- Peruse the officer area of AAPC’s website. Log on with your username and password, scroll over My AAPC and click on My Chapter. In the left navigation you’ll find all sorts of information for officers including how to schedule events, the handbook, forms, meetings ideas, and a whole lot more.
- Watch for officer training sessions coming to your area. There are changes taking place all the time so even seasoned officers must do this.
Make sure your chapter is run professionally:
- Be well-prepared for your meetings
- Start and end the meetings as planned
- Use an agenda
- Involve all officers in each meeting
- Provide a variety of educational content at your meetings; always give CEUs
- Always advertise meetings well in advance
- Help members feel welcome
- Know the members, call them by name
- Be familiar with their employment and their certifications
- Poll your members often on their expectations
What Officers Must Know to Have a Well-run Chapter
A list of your chapter members is provided online
Log in with your username and password, scroll over My AAPC and click on My Chapter. Find the link on the left that says Officers/Members and click on Chapter Members. You can download your list to an Excel spreadsheet.
AAPC sends info on new members monthly
Chapter member development officers should watch for a monthly email from AAPC which lists all the new members of the chapter and newly certified members of the chapter.
Your local chapter has its own logo
If you do not have a copy of the new logo, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 5 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018