DMEPOS 2010 Fee Schedule Updates
Suppliers of durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics and supplies (DMEPOS) will not see a fee schedule update for 2010 due to a negative 1.41 percentage change in the Consumer Price Index-Urban (CPI-U) for the 12-month period ending with June 2009.
At the same time the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) informed DME contractors of the 0 percent update, the agency related several HCPCS Level II code changes for 2010.
Effective Jan. 1, 2010, the following codes are being deleted from HCPCS Level II and are, therefore, being removed from the DMEPOS fee schedule:
CMS announced that it is also implementing the 2010 national monthly payment rates for stationary oxygen equipment (E0424, E0439, E1390, and E1391). The 2010 monthly payment rate of $173.17 for stationary oxygen equipment is down from $175.79 in 2009.
The 2009 deflation factors for gap-filling purposes are:
- Oxygen (OX) 0.508
- Capped Rental (CR) 0.511
- Prosthetics/Orthotics (PO) 0.512
- Surgical Dressing (SD) 0.650
- Parental and Enteral Nutrition (PE) 0.707
CMS informed contractors of this information via Transmittal 1853, Change Request (CR) 6720, Nov. 13. See Attachment A for 2010 fees for codes K0739, L4205, and L7520 by state.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | Pam Tienter and Jean Pryor - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 3 Representatives | Astara Crews and Dianne Estes - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | Robert Kiesecker and Pam Brooks - January 16, 2020