CMS Extends PQRS and EHR Submission Deadlines
Certain eligible professionals and group practices participating in the Physician Quality Reporting System and/or the Medicare Electronic Health Record Incentive Program can breathe a deep sigh of relief. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has extended the submission deadlines for electronic filers participating in the PQRS and EHR 2014 reporting periods.
For PQRS reporting, the revised deadline applies to EPs and group practices using the following reporting methods:
- EHR Direct or Data Submission Vendor that is certified EHR technology
- Qualified clinical data registries (using QRDA III format) reporting for PQRS and the clinical quality measure component of meaningful use for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program
These electronic filers now have until March 20, 2015 at 8 pm ET.
The deadline for EPs attesting to meaningful use for the EHR Incentive Program’s 2014 reporting period is also extended to March 20, but the cutoff is 11:59 pm ET.
Questions should be directed to the CMS QualityNet Help Desk at (866)288-8912 or via email at Qnetsupport@hcqis.org from 7 am to 7 pm CT.
Latest posts by Renee Dustman (see all)
- New Resources Help Navigate MIPS - April 21, 2017
- Medicare-Dependent, Small Rural Hospital Program Set to Expire - April 20, 2017
- 2018 IPPS and LTCH Proposed Policy Updates - April 17, 2017