Join End-to-End Testing for July by 4/17
During the week of July 20 through 24, 2015 a third sample group of providers will have the opportunity to participate in ICD-10 end-to-end testing with Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) and the Common Electronic Data Interchange (CEDI) contractor.
Approximately 850 volunteer submitters will be selected to participate in the July end-to-end testing. This nationwide sample will yield meaningful results, as the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) intends to select volunteers representing a broad cross-section of provider, claim, and submitter types, including claims clearinghouses that submit claims for large numbers of providers. Testers who are participating in the January and April end-to-end testing weeks are able to test again in July without re-applying.
To volunteer as a testing submitter:
- Volunteer forms are available on your MAC website
- Completed volunteer forms are due April 17
- CMS will review applications and select the group of testing submitters
- By May 8, the MACs and CEDI will notify the volunteers selected to test and provide them with the information needed for the testing
If selected, testers must be able to:
- Submit future-dated claims
- Provide valid National Provider Identifiers (NPIs), Provider Transaction Access Numbers (PTANs), and beneficiary Health Insurance Claim Numbers (HICNs) that will be used for test claims. This information will be needed by your MAC by May 29 for set-up purposes; testers will be dropped if information is not provided by the deadline
Any issues identified during testing will be addressed prior to ICD-10 implementation. Educational materials will be developed for providers and submitters based on the testing results.
For more information:
- MLN Matters® Article #MM8867, “ICD-10 Limited End-to-End Testing with Submitters for 2015”
- MLN Matters Special Edition Article #SE1435, “FAQs – ICD-10 End-to-End Testing”
- MLN Matters Special Edition Article #SE1409, “Medicare FFS ICD-10 Testing Approach”
Latest posts by Brad Ericson (see all)
- Diseases at Your Fingertips - December 9, 2016
- 21st Century Cures Act: New HCPCS MS-DRG Codes? - December 7, 2016
- Hospital Industry Warns Trump, Congress About ACA Repeal Impact - December 7, 2016