CMS: How Does Your Contractor Rate?
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) launched its fourth annual health care provider satisfaction survey. Approximately 30,000 providers nationwide were randomly selected to participate in the Medicare Contractor Provider Satisfaction Survey (MCPSS) where they’ll reflect on their experiences with federal payers. Selected participants were to receive an invitation by the first of the year.
“I urge all 30,000 Medicare providers selected to participate in the survey to complete and return their surveys upon receipt,” Acting CMS Administrator Kerry Weems said.
Medicare fee-for-service contractors process and pay more than $280 billion in Medicare claims each year. It’s time to tell CMS how these contractors are doing.
Survey questions focus on seven business functions that occur between provider and contractor:
- Provider inquiries
- Provider outreach and education
- Claims processing
- Provider enrollment
- Medical review
- Provider audit and reimbursement
Will provider inquiries be at the top of the list in importance again this year? Only time and a good response rate will tell.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | Pam Tienter and Jean Pryor - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 3 Representatives | Astara Crews and Dianne Estes - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | Robert Kiesecker and Pam Brooks - January 16, 2020