ICD-10: Prove Proficiency by Dec. 31
Credentialed AAPC members must pass an ICD-10 Proficiency Assessment by December 31, 2015. Doing so assures employers that those who hold CPC, COC, CPC-P, CPC-I, CRC, a coding specialty, or CPMA credentials understand, and are fluent in, ICD-10 coding.
There are two ways to do it:
- Option 1: At Your Own Pace – This option includes a 16-hour online assessment course with 150 open book, online questions. Successful completion earns 16 CEUs. Price starts at $395.
- Option 2: Timed Assessment – This option includes a 3.5 hour online assessment with 75 questions. Two attempts are available, starting at $60.
Latest posts by Brad Ericson (see all)
- CMS: New Home Health Rules and Beneficiary Protections - January 9, 2017
- MD Anderson to Cut Staff, Blames EMR - January 6, 2017
- CMS Makes Corrections to 2017 HCPCS Level II - December 19, 2016