Add-on Codes: 3 Tips
1. CPT® add-on codes describe procedures or services that are always provided “in addition to” other, related services or procedures. Add-on codes cannot stand alone as separately reportable services.
2. Add-on codes have no global period assigned. They are instead “included” in the global surgical fee for the primary procedure.
3. Add-on codes are “modifier 51 exempt,” and therefore are to be paid at full fee schedule value. Their assigned value accounts for the “additional” nature of the procedure.
Latest posts by John Verhovshek (see all)
- Professional Component and Technical Component for Radiology - December 26, 2017
- SpaceOAR Gets a Code - December 26, 2017
- Time-Based Code Reporting - December 26, 2017