2018 ICD-10-CM Codes Released
The 2018 ICD-10-CM code files are now available on the 2018 ICD-10 CM and GEMs webpage. This includes the 2018 tabular and index, as well as code descriptions and addendum files:
- 2018 General Equivalence Mappings (GEMs) will be posted in August.
- 2018 ICD-10-CM guidelines, present on admission exempt codes, and conversion table will be posted later, once they are finalized and received from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
These 2018 ICD-10-CM codes are to be used for discharges occurring from Oct. 1, 2017 through Sept. 30, 2018 and for patient encounters occurring from Oct. 1, 2017 through Sept. 30, 2018.
There are 363 new codes, 142 deletions, and 226 code revisions.
Stay tuned for more coverage on these changes by AAPC on our website and in our member magazine Healthcare Business Monthly.
Latest posts by Renee Dustman (see all)
- Tip Sheet: Transition Coding and Reimbursement - March 20, 2019
- Here’s What You Need for Colonoscopy Coding Prep - March 15, 2019
- AMA Asks Social Media Platforms to Promote Vaccines - March 14, 2019