Palmetto Prepares for WPS Transition
- By admin aapc
- In CMS
- January 29, 2010
- Comments Off on Palmetto Prepares for WPS Transition
On April 19, some providers currently serviced by Wisconsin Physician Service (WPS) will transition to jurisdiction 1 (J1), administered by Part A and Part B Medicare Administrative Contractor (A/B MAC) Palmetto GBA.
Most Part A providers affected by this transition are located in California, Nevada, Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands.
Palmetto provides the following Part A/B MAC services:
- Claims processing
- Provider audit and reimbursement activities
- Provider enrollment activities
- Customer service via the provider contact center
- Redetermination requests
- Education needs of the provider community
Palmetto recently sent a letter to providers who currently submit Part A claims to WPS, explaining the transition process for claim submission, electronic data interchange (EDI) enrollment, electronic remittances, ANSI 266/267 claims request/response, and more.
Visit Palmetto’s website for further assistance on transitioning from WPS to Palmetto GBA. See also Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Transmittal 619, CR6773, issued Jan. 8.
- Do You Have a Documentation Emergency? - April 3, 2023
- Correctly Identify Low Back Pain - March 1, 2023
- How to Optimize the RCM Process - February 1, 2023