Quick Reference Guides Simplify Coding of Mental Disorders
2018 ICD-10-CM includes many new, revised, and deleted diagnosis codes, some of which pertain to mental disorders. To save you the time it takes to cross walk these codes to their Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) counterparts (or vice versa), the American Psychiatric Association (APA) has done it for you.
For 2018, there are 65 codes related to mental health conditions listed in DSM-5. The APA has created quick reference guides of the DSM-5 recommended ICD-10-CM codes for use beginning Oct. 1, 2017, available in two formats:
- 2017 Changes to ICD-10-CM Codes, ordered by DMS-5 Classification
- 2017 Changes to ICD-10-CM Codes, ordered by ICD-10-CM Classification
Go here to access these downloadable guides, formatted for standard printing.
Latest posts by Renee Dustman (see all)
- CMS Redefines EHR Meaningful Use - March 20, 2018
- D68.32 Won’t Get You Paid for Blood Clotting Factor - March 16, 2018
- QMB Information Reinstated for Medicare FFS Claims - March 14, 2018