Official CMS News: January 18, 2018
This week in healthcare, the results of the 2018 Value Modifier were released and clinicians learned what it means for their bottom line this year. Revisions to the definitions for custom fabricated and therapeutic inserts were finalized, as well. And let’s not forget that it’s Glaucoma Awareness Month.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) also offers this week:
Don’t miss the CMS Provider Minute Video on CT Scans. This video serves as a reminder that, “Insufficient documentation continues to be a leading cause of Medicare noncompliance for providers who bill for CT Scans,” according to CMS.
No time to watch the video? Remember these three documentation requirements:
- Keep a signed provider’s order from the practitioner.
- Keep a signed copy of the CT scan report from the radiologist or interpreting physician.
- Submit the signed provider’s order, CT scan report, and any documentation of medical necessity.
New Medicare Card Project Special Open Door Forum – January 23
ESRD QIP: Final Rule for CT 2018 Call – January 23
MIPS Annual Call for Measures and Activities Webinar – February 5
Comparative Billing Report on Opioid Prescribers Webinar – February 21
MLN Publications and Multimedia
QRUR Video Presentation – New
Low Volume Appeals Settlement Call: Audio Recording and Transcript – New
Avoiding Medicare Fraud & Abuse: A Roadmap for Physicians Web-based Training – Revised
How to Use the Medicare Coverage Database Booklet – Revised
Behavioral Health Integration Service Fact Sheet- Revised
You can read the CMS’ official news and announcements in their entirety in this week’s MLN Connects.
Latest posts by Renee Dustman (see all)
- CMS Is Shaking Things Up for Home Health Agencies - November 1, 2018
- Residency Training Initiative Should Include Clinical Documentation - October 31, 2018
- Healthcare.gov Breach Compromises Enrollment Data - October 30, 2018