AMA Adds to CPT® 2010 Corrections
Get out your CPT® 2010 book and a pencil — it’s time to make a few more corrections. The American Medical Association (AMA) issued an updated corrections document on Jan. 21.
Errata posted on the AAPC website includes the following new corrections to the AMA CPT® 2010 book:
Note: The AAPC 2010 Current Procedural Coding Expert does not require these changes.
- Delete parenthetical note following Allergy Testing code 95012 Nitric oxide expired gas determination referencing deleted Category III code 0064T.
- Delete reference code 49327 and replace with 49326 Laparoscopy, surgical; with omentopexy (omental tacking procedure) (List separately in addition to code for primary procedure) in the index following Laparoscopy, Surgical. Code 49327 is deleted.
- Delete reference code 49410 in the index following Placement, Interstitial Device, Abdomen.
- Revise the short descriptor for 22901 EXC BACK TUM DEEP 5+CM to reflect its medium descriptor. The equal sign (=) is deleted and the plus (+) is added after 5.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | Pam Tienter and Jean Pryor - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 3 Representatives | Astara Crews and Dianne Estes - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | Robert Kiesecker and Pam Brooks - January 16, 2020