Get Your Latest ICD-10-CM Update
What’s new on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) website is the 2010 update of ICD-10-CM. This latest update replaces the 2009 release.
Although this release of ICD-10-CM is now available for public viewing, the codes in ICD-10-CM are not currently valid for any purpose or use. The effective implementation date for ICD-10-CM (and ICD-10-PCS) is Oct. 1, 2013. Further updates to this version are anticipated prior to implementation of ICD-10-CM.
Tip: AAPC offers a variety of ICD-10 training options and a Coding Tranlator designed to help you and your office make a smooth transition to ICD-10. Time is running out! Are you ready?
New files are:
- Index to Diseases and Injury
- Tabular List
- Index to External Causes of Injury
- Table of Drugs and Chemicals
- Table of Neoplasms
- General Equivalence Mapping (GEM) Files
The GEM file lists the following errata:
- Deleted R7881 0389 10000
- Added A419 0389 10000
- Deleted 0389 R7881 10000
- Added 0389 A419 10000
- How to Optimize the RCM Process - February 1, 2023
- Get the FAQs About Split/Shared Visits - November 1, 2022
- It Pays to Participate in AAPC’s Annual Salary Survey - September 1, 2022