Preliminary MIPS Performance Data Available
Clinicians who participated in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) last year can now access preliminary performance feedback data. The final MIPS scores and feedback data for 2017 will be available in July.
Clinicians can access their performance feedback and scores with their Enterprise Identity Data Management (EIDM) credentials on the Quality Payment Program website.
Between now and June 30, a clinician’s score could change based on:
- Special status scoring considerations
- Final calculations of the All-Cause Readmission Measure for the Quality performance category
- Inclusion of claims measures from 60-day run out period
- Results of the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) Survey
- Approval or denial of Promoting Interoperability performance category hardship application
- Improvement Activities Study participation and results
- Creation of performance period benchmarks for Quality measures that didn’t have a historical benchmark
MIPS Performance Scores Matter
2017 marked the first performance year of MIPS — one of two tracks in the Quality Payment Program. Eligible clinicians needed to submit at least minimal data by March 31, 2018, to avoid a negative 4 percent adjustment to their Medicare Part B payments in 2019. The stakes get higher each year, until 2026, when the payment adjustment reaches +/- 9 percent, depending on performance. “Minimal” data for the 2017 performance year was equal to one low-priority measure worth the minimum 3 points.
For the 2018 performance period, eligible clinicians must submit a full year of data worth a minimum of 15 points to avoid a negative 5 percent payment adjustment to their Medicare Part B claims.
Read more about the 2018 MIPS performance year requirements.
Latest posts by Renee Dustman (see all)
- Check NCDs for ICD-10-CM Code Updates - November 7, 2019
- I Am AAPC: Jingmei Chen, MBA, CPC, CPB - October 31, 2019
- Where Did the Codes Go in Local Coverage Determinations? - October 29, 2019