Want to Be a Writer? Get Published in a National Magazine
If you’ve always wanted to be a writer, here’s your chance. AAPC’s Healthcare Business Monthly provides an opportunity to be published in a national medical coding magazine. It looks great on your resume and your expertise will be recognized, which builds your credibility in the medical coding industry. By sharing and giving back what you’ve learned, you help other like-minded healthcare professionals.
If you hold an AAPC credential, you’ll earn 1 continuing education unit (CEU) for every 700 words published.
If you are interested, here are the kinds of articles Healthcare Business Monthly magazine is looking for?
Clinical and medical coding expertise:
- Conditions, treatments, and how to code it
- Procedures and how to code it
- Good documentation to get bills paid
- Coding guidance in a particular specialty
- Solutions to coding challenges
- Yearly coding changes
- Ways to overcome denials in your specialty
Practice management articles:
- Ways to improve your revenue cycle
- ACA, quality initiatives, MACRA expertise or if you know someone implementing MACRA
- How to better communicate with providers
- Front-desk operations, patient satisfaction
- EHRs troubles and solutions, and vendors
Auditing and compliance articles:
- OIG news and enforcements, FCA
- New coding laws and regulations
- HIPAA, OSHA, Anti-Kickback, Stark law
- Compliant ways to get claims paid
- Auditing tips and advice
Member- and Career-related articles:
- Minute with a Members
- I Am AAPC
- Local chapter news, Kudos, HEALTHCON
- How to pass the coding exam, find a job, network, positive member experiences
- Feel-good AAPC member and coding stories
What we ask of you:
We ask that you supply your article as a Word document, include a 50-word author bio about your career, a headshot, and 1-3 Test Yourself questions (they count towards your CEU total for writing the article). These will go online.
To get started on becoming published, go to the “Contributing to Healthcare Business Monthly” page on the AAPC website.
- 7 Tips for Memorizing Medical Terminology - September 1, 2020
- Don’t Dismiss Juvenile Arthritis as Growing Pains - July 1, 2020
- Welcome to the Industry: Know Your Role in Compliance - July 1, 2020
AAPC's annual salary survey gives a good understanding of the earning potential within the medical coding profession.
See what actually is going on in the healthcare business job market.
About Michelle Dick Has 256 Posts
Comments are closed.