Score Points with CMS
Want to earn some Brownie points with your clinicians? Let them in on a little-known opportunity to earn bonus points in the Improvement Activities performance category under the Merit-based Incentive Program (MIPS).
First, Some Background
The Improvement Activities performance category is one of four performance categories in MIPS. Out of a final score of 100, it’s worth 15 percent. To earn full credit in this category, participants must submit:
- 2 high-weighted activities;
- 1 high-weighted activity and 2 medium-weighted activity; or
- at least 4 medium-weighted activities
Bonus points are available and create a cushion for areas where clinicians may fall short.
Now, for the Good Part
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking for participants to provide feedback on all aspects related to qpp.cms.gov — CMS’ Quality Payment Program website. Specifically, the agency is interested in ways to improve the Quality Payment Program experience including:
- Educational Materials
- Website Content
What are You Waiting For?
Tell your MIPS eligible clinicians to email the QPP User Research Lead to participate in CMS’ feedback sessions, and start racking up those Improvement Activities points.
- HEALTHCON Regional Prepares Coders and Billers for the Future of Healthcare - October 4, 2021
- Coding and Billing Updates – September 2021 - October 1, 2021
- AAPC’s Member of the Month: Michelle Rivero, CPC, CPMA, AAPC Approved Instructor - October 1, 2021