Join the Monthly Local Chapter Q&A for Officers
Here are three things we learned from our session in July:
- The third week of the month seems to be the most successful for getting attendees out, and Thursday is typically the best day to meet.
- “Networking is mentoring”, according to Rik Salomon, secretary/treasurer of the Charlotte NC Chapter. He said that as officers they always arrive early, so they can be available to network with the members before the meeting starts. They also make time afterwards. Rik commented that those members who take advantage appreciate the technical assistance and the mentoring, and in turn, the officers have been able to identify new candidates for officer positions.
- Ashley Gipson, the president of the Birmingham AL chapter, shared that at chapter meetings, as officers, they encourage members to get up in front of the attendees for just five to ten minutes at a time, making announcements, offering coding information, or networking. It gets them used to being in front of people and prepares them to become presenters or officers.
This is a sample of the countless ideas that are shared each month. Consider joining us! It’s always held the third Friday of the month at 12:00 ET. Watch the officer Facebook page for the link to join.
Latest posts by Marti Johnson (see all)
- Message from AAPCCA Leadership - August 30, 2019
- It’s Important to Share the Hot Sheet at Your Meeting - August 29, 2019
- The Seattle Regional Conference is Just Weeks Away - August 29, 2019