Membership Growth Relies on the Value of Credentials
Growth requires retention of the members we have. Of personal concern are members that do not renew because they have become certified but cannot find employment. While AAPC is not a job-placement agency, it does need your feedback to ensure that we are preparing newly certified members for entry-level positions in the field.
If you are an employer, let us know:
- What stops you from considering a newly certified individual?
- What could we do to better prepare our members for that first job?
If you are a newly certified member, let us know:
- Are you aware of the tools, resources, additional education, and practical skill exercises available to make you a more attractive candidate?
- Could we provide more education pertaining to resume writing or preparing for your job interview?
- Are there other resources and tools that you think would help?
Your NAB regional representatives are eager to hear from you on these issues. You can obtain your regional NAB member’s contact information on the National Advisory Board page at AAPC.com. Getting such feedback will help us to ensure that AAPC is doing all it can to “Uphold Higher Standards” while ensuring that members have the tools and resources to personally “Achieve Higher Standards.” Together, we can continue to grow not only in size, but in the level of our personal and collective professional recognition. By working together, we can easily hit our next membership target of 200,000 members while at the same time ensuring that we are doing all that is necessary to ensure that our credentials are the recognized gold standard for expertise in the business of healthcare.
Michael D. Miscoe, JD, CPC, CASCC, CUC, CCPC, CPCO, CPMA, CEMA