Message From Your Region 4 Representatives | October 2018
American Patients First is president Trump’s blueprint to address high drug costs. You can find the Blueprint here: https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/AmericanPatientsFirst.pdf.
The Blueprint identifies four key strategies for reform:
- Improved competition
- Better negotiation
- Incentives for lower list prices
- Lowering out-of-pocket costs
This forty-four-page document is a quick read and lays out immediate actions and future plans. Quotes from CMS Administrator Seema Verma and HHS Secretary Alex Azar feature heavily. It also points out some issues that will be evaluated, such as, “Global Freeloading” a phrase coined to describe the circumstance that the US has a robust research and development environment the rest of the world relies on. Everyone form consumers to hospitals should be aware of this initiative. More information can be found from an HHS August 21 press release https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2018/08/20/100-days-of-action-on-the-presidents-american-patients-first-blueprint.html.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 5 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018