Message From Your Region 3 Representatives | January 2019
Top 4 Reasons to Attend an AAPC Healthcon
The outlook one chooses about participating in events can directly impact the success in gaining valuable information as well as offering rewardable results. Conference participation can provide a renewed perspective on familiar subject matter from speakers, breakout sessions and other attendees. More importantly, networking with other like-minded professionals can also foster professional relationships that will last long after the conference is over.
Here are four reasons to attend the conference:
- Learning/Educational Opportunities. No matter how experienced one may be at their current job, there is always opportunity for growth. This may be the more apparent reason and/or motivation for most to attend conferences. Given AAPC’s history and success in obtaining experts in numerous subject matters as it relates to coding, practice management and compliance- it would be difficult to not learn something. The educational aspect of attending conference can present various different ways of developing one’s current skillset or discovering a new one.
- Networking with peers. AAPC conferences provide a great opportunity to network. There’s a tremendous amount of sharing, learning and collaboration that can happen during conferences. Often times connecting with potential colleagues from other regions can become valuable resources for referrals and help in identifying best practices.
- Ability to Share. To truly make for a valuable experience, AAPC conferences provide opportunity to share information obtained from sessions with fellow colleagues (or even your boss). Collaboration can be considered one approach to networking by sharing thoughts and ideas with others in the industry. One never knows when inspiration/innovation may be sparked by simple conversation
- Having fun. Doing what you have a passion for should be rewarding and fun. All work and no play can get old fast. AAPC conferences can add a layer of enjoyment to managing your career growth by mixing a social aspect into your learning. Many of AAPC events have fun activities of the local area where the event is hosted. Taking an extra day at the beginning or end of the trip to explore or visit the region is also a great way to maximize the investment in travel. Never undervalue the power of a little fun mixed with some interesting people!
Latest posts by Alex McKinley (see all)
- Message From Your Region 4 Representatives: Kiosha Forston and Norma Panther - September 19, 2019
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives: Jean Pryor and Pam Tienter - September 19, 2019
- Message From Your Region 8 Representatives: Mary Wood and Michael Warner - September 19, 2019