Exam Dates Should Be Scheduled Before April 1st
Examinees plan well in advance to become certified and often choose a certification date and then work for it. Officers should get exams scheduled early in the year, so examinees have a variety of sites from which to choose.
- Chapters are required to host at least four exams annually, one in each quarter.
- All chapters are required to host chapter-sponsored ADA exam sites two times per year.
- Schedule two of the exams as chapter-sponsored ADA exam sites, either in the 1st and 3rd quarters or in the 2nd and 4th
- Do not schedule back-to-back ADA exams.
- The time allotted for chapter-sponsored ADA exams is 6 hours and 40 minutes.
- Some ADA accommodations relative to exam times, etc., may be different depending upon the medical and legal documentation received.
- Non-ADA examinees who test at a chapter-sponsored ADA exam site are allotted 5 hours and 40 minutes.
- Be sure to proctor exams accurately and professionally.
- Always review proctor instructions upon receipt of exams, ensuring you are up to date on the latest changes and information from AAPC.
- Upon receipt of exam box, compare exams received with examinee list to ensure all information has been received.
- Always contact AAPC immediately if any exam information is incomplete.