Message From Your Region 1 Representatives | March 2019
Sitting is More Dangerous than Smoking!
Spring is in the air! We hope turning the clocks ahead not only means brighter nights, but the warmer weather encourages you to march into May with a healthy attitude. Our jobs require many hours of sitting, so it’s important to periodically look away from the computer screen, get up and stretch, and exercise.
Have you heard that sitting is more dangerous than smoking? Your health is at risk! We all have deadlines to meet, but your health should be your primary concern. Living a sedentary life can lead to all sorts of chronic conditions. Let’s not have to code our own HCCs.
To relieve stress, improve your health, and increase your motivation and productivity, take hourly breaks to perform these simple moves:
- Roll your neck in circles and from side to side.
- Lift your shoulders up and down and roll them backward and forward.
- Stretch your legs out in front of you and lift them up in the air and down again.
- Stand up and stretch or move in place.
For those of you who plan to attend HEALTHCON 2019, Office Yoga will be offered Monday evening. Yoga is a great way to relieve stress, increase flexibility and energy, and meet members from the NAB. Come network with us and learn new ways to keep your body healthy.
Get healthy and be happy!
Stephanie Thebarge, CPC, CPPM, CEMC, CHONC
Latest posts by Alex McKinley (see all)
- Message From Your Region 4 Representatives: Kiosha Forston and Norma Panther - September 19, 2019
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives: Jean Pryor and Pam Tienter - September 19, 2019
- Message From Your Region 8 Representatives: Mary Wood and Michael Warner - September 19, 2019