Message From Your Region 3 Representatives | July 2019
Hello, my Region 3 friends!
I hope you all are doing well this midsummer day. It’s been nice here in Kentucky! I wanted to tell you about my recent travels in Region 3 (which is KY, WV, VA, NC, and SC). I was given the honor to speak in Huntington, WV on May 18, 2019 for their MAYnia. They had a wonderful venue, with lots of space and a good number of attendees. The chapter officers did a great job setting up five speakers with a variety of topics. I appreciate the opportunity to meet my fellow members in our region—they give a lot of insight into various specialties and regional issues.
One item I really liked was their announcement of job postings in the area. With the tri-state region of KY, WV, and VA, there were attendees from all three states that presented job listings. I met some very accomplished members at this meeting, and I’m glad they are sharing with those who are presently looking for employment.
Although I was unable to attend the entire conference and MAYnia, I wanted to list their topics:
Lung Cancer by Damian Silbermins, MD
Neonatal Drug Exposure by Sean Loudin, MD
Customer Service by Hattie Evans, M ED Specialist and Teri Wells, MA
E/M Coding by Lauren Bellomy, CPC, CDEO, CEDC
AAPC Membership Advantages by Dianne Estes, CPC, CPB, AAPC National Advisory Board
In my time slot, I spoke about the National Advisory Board (NAB), and what we try to accomplish in our three-year tenure, from 2018-2021. Here is a list of some items on our agenda:
- Write at least one article for Healthcare Business Monthly Magazine each year.
- Attend two local chapter meetings in our region each year, outside of our own local chapter.
- Work National HEALTHCON and Regional AAPC Conferences, usually in registration, as door monitors, or speaker liaisons. We are also available to answer attendee questions as they arise.
- Involve ourselves in at least one committee. Our committees at present are Career Advancement, Certification and Training, Membership, Networking and Awareness, and Products and Services. These meetings are via conference call, roughly one to two times a month.
- Attend and participate in yearly NAB retreats to brainstorm about innovative ideas for AAPC members’ futures.
- Network with AAPC members, especially in our areas of expertise, to aid in personal and professional growth.
- Optional: Speak at conferences and local chapter meetings as an ambassador for AAPC.
Astara Crews and I are here to assist you in your AAPC experience! Please let us know how we can help. Our email addresses are as follows:
Enjoy your remaining summer, and if you attend the AAPC Regional Conference in New York City from August 19-21, 2019, please look us up. We’d love to spend some time with you!
Dianne Estes, CPC, CPB
- Message From Your Region 5 Representatives | Sherrie Anderson & Vanessa Moldovan - November 15, 2019
- Message From Your Region 4 Representatives | Kiosha Forston & Norma Panther - November 15, 2019
- Message From Your Region 4 Representatives: Kiosha Forston and Norma Panther - September 19, 2019