FESC Demonstration Project Payment Updated
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently updated its payment method policy for a select group of clinics eligible to participate in the Frontier Extended Stay Clinic (FESC) demonstration project.
Under the FESC demonstration project, participating clinics will be allowed to keep patients for extended stays in situations where weather or other circumstances prevent transfer. Extended stays up to 48 hours are permitted for patients who do not meet CMS inpatient hospital admission criteria, but who need monitoring and observation. A facility participating in the demonstration can keep up to four patients at any one time.
The following five clinics have been named as eligible facilities for the three-year demonstration:
- Inter-island Medical Center, Friday Harbor, Wash.
- Cross Road Medical Center, Glenallen, Alaska
Iliuliuk Family & Health Services, Unalaska, Alaska
Alicia Roberts Medical Center, Prince of Wales Island, Alaska
Haines Health Center, Haines, Alaska
These facilities must receive certification from CMS before they can bill for services to the appointed Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) or Fiscal Intermediary (FI).
For updated payment methodology, read Transmittal 61, CR 6452, issued June 19.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 5 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018