- Welcome to AAPC's Certification Exam. My name is [state your name] and this is [state second proctor's name.] We are the proctors for your examination today. [Please write down your first and last name on a board for examinees to see].
- Any collaborative or disruptive behavior detected during the examination is cause for immediate action (e.g., disqualification) by the proctors. No electronic devices with an on off switch or any device capable of capturing and storing an image are allowed into the examination room. Failure to comply with this policy WILL result in disqualification of your exam. If you have a device in your possession, you must power off and hand over to the proctor. It is your responsibility to collect your phone at the end of the exam.
- Removal of any unsealed test materials from the exam site by examinees or proctors is strictly prohibited. The security seals located on your exam booklet must be broken by you, and you are required to seal your examination with the seals provided when you have completed your examination. Any attempt to remove exam materials, or failure to seal your examination, will not only disqualify the examinee for certification and result in automatic failure of this examination, but could expose the examinee to additional sanctions under the AAPC Code of Ethics, which could include permanent revocation of membership and any credentials held.
- Proctors may not clarify test questions during the exam. It is a violation of the AAPC Code of Ethics for an examinee to seek assistance during an examination. It is additionally a violation of the AAPC Code of Ethics for a Proctor to offer such assistance or to view the contents of the examination question book. Due to exam confidentiality and to uphold the integrity of the exam and its accompanying credentials, AAPC will not be responding to questions about any material in the exam.
- Please note the label affixed to the outside of your packet. This label must be placed on the back of your exam booklet after you remove the shrink wrap. You may now remove the shrink wrap and affix the label to the back of your booklet. Set aside the gold seals and verify you have the correct type of examination booklet for the exam you are taking. Then set the examination booklet aside with the gold seals (do not break the silver seals on your exam booklet yet).
- Using a #2 pencil, please take the time now to fill out sections A and B of the Examination Answer Grid.
- Please complete Section B refer to the back of the exam booklet for the exam type, version, and exam number. For assistance with your Member ID number, refer to the white label, which was adhered to your exam packet. Please make sure that all information is filled in correctly, and bubbled in correctly, or your exam may not be processed accurately.
- Now complete Sections C and D. For Section C, your 1st proctor's name is: [state your name]. Your 2nd proctor's name is [state 2nd proctor name]. The exam index number is [state exam index #] and can be located on your white label.
- Writing and highlighting in the exam booklet is allowed, as the booklet will be sealed when you have completed the exam. To have your answers graded, please mark all answers on the Examination Answer Grid. If you leave the Examination Answer Grid blank, that will result in a score of zero and still counts as an exam attempt. Exam booklets are recycled once received at AAPC, so answers written in the exam booklets are useless.
- You will be given 5 hours and 40 minutes to complete the exam and will be notified when 30 minutes of test time is remaining. Upon completion of your exam, locate your gold seals and put them on the top, right side, and bottom of your exam booklet. DO NOT seal your test grid in the booklet. Fill out sections E and F on the answer grid and return your exam booklet, test grid (and E/M Audit Sheets, if applicable) to the exam proctors before exiting the room. If you finish your exam early, you may leave. When exiting the exam room, please be quiet and courteous of other test takers.
- Results are generally posted Online or on the MYAAPC app within 7-10 business days (10-15 days for CIC.) The minimum overall score to pass any exam is 70%. All posted exam scores are final. AAPC will not regrade exams. Please do not call AAPC or the proctors for your test results.
- If you find the exam environment too distracting, you may elect to discontinue testing. It will then be YOUR responsibility to contact AAPC to address your concerns on the first business day after your exam date. AAPC will review your concerns, and if any portion of the exam has been completed when you discontinued testing, AAPC reserves the right to still grade the exam.
We are now ready to begin the examination. You may break the silver seals and open your test booklet. The current time is [state the time.] The exam will end at [state the time.]