Wiki E&M POS 11 SAME DAY AS HOSPITAL DISCHARGE

Best answers
Patient was seen in office setting immediately after being discharged from the hospital following vaginal delivery. Patient was seen for postpartum pain management as "no instructions given at hospital ".
RX supplied. Bluecard denied, no reason given on the EOP, can not reach anyone by telephone for more definitive explanation. I am assuming it is for global issue? Am I able to bill for TCM ? We did not see this patient for anything else after this appointment time. Any advise?

If your clinicians delivered and provided global maternity, this would be included.
Basically, it sounds like either the patient didn't receive (or didn't pay attention when receiving) the discharge information. Either way, it is part of the global maternity aftercare.
If it turned out the patient had pain unrelated to postpartum (like appendicitis), then that would be billable outside global maternity.

If your clinicians delivered and provided global maternity, this would be included.
Basically, it sounds like either the patient didn't receive (or didn't pay attention when receiving) the discharge information. Either way, it is part of the global maternity aftercare.
If it turned out the patient had pain unrelated to postpartum (like appendicitis), then that would be billable outside global maternity.
My apologies. I should have clarified. We did not treat her for anything related to her maternity needs. We are her primary care only, but she came in seeking
treatment for postpartum pain. I do not know why she did not see her OB/GYN for this. Thank you in advance for your response